From my 10 year’s experience I can tell you, you might think whether or not spend money on digital marketing. You may think marketing campaign is a complex process. It happens all of us.
Even the big brands have the same confusing relationship for digital marketing.
“You cannot learn marketing by reading any book or attending seminar. To mark your success, you must do it slowly…gradually and most important consistently.”
Here are the 5 steps to your digital marketing success.
Before beginning your marketing campaign, you must define your goals in the first place. In other words, ask yourself following questions as what you should expect from your digital marketing.
- Do you want to start campaign for brand awareness?
- Are your looking to sell product by promoting it through Facebook advertising?
At the of the day setting a goals are what gives directions in your business. By setting a goal you give yourself target to shoot for.
Now you already know what your goals are, now it time to define your audience. Knowing who will buy your product or service is a key part of digital marketing planning.
Analyse your target market, understand your customers interest or lifestyle, their social media use. Focus on features such as gender and age.
Here are some basic questions you can ask yourself to understand your target market.
- How old is your targeted customer?
- How is their financial status? How much money he or she makes?
- Is your product or services most suitable for men, women or children?
- What are their pain points? Understand their problems, needs and desire.
- Why will your target customer buy product or services? What you are offering that your competitor is not?
3. Content Creation
Creating content can be most important part of marketing process. It is very important to showcase your existence in market through your content.
I recommend don’t wait too much for quality content in the beginning. It is important you must post your first blog, first vlog or YouTube video regardless of quality.
Quality will defiantly improve as you do it consistently. But important is to get start with something rather than nothing.
While creating content you must focus on what are your customer problem, their pain points. Try to solve their problems. This will increase your credibility in your targeted market.
4. Make the plan
What can be starting point of any digital marketing plan?
Your digital marketing plan should be start with identifying goals. You can set goals as increase sales, get more lead, create brand awareness.
If you want to grow your customer base you must have digital marketing plan. Craft your plan very carefully based on your market analysis as mention above.
But remember don’t stick to it blindly. It is very important to continuously measure and monitor the performance of your digital marketing strategy.
If you feel something is not working update your plan where needed.
5. Analyze your success
I always breakdown my marketing plan and keep scope for analyze success or failure of my marketing strategies. Whether it is year, quarter or month.
Analyzing your digital marketing strategy’s success and failures will help you determine which tactics are working.
Following can be check points to track your growth.
- Count your fans, followers and page likes. Also keep track of new engagements with your social media channels.
- Learn how the target audience responded to your campaign.
- Break down results by your social media channels.
- Analyze your competitors marketing strategies too. Identify which keyword benefits your competitors.
Although digital marketing can be time consuming but remember here your key to success is consistency.
You must understand the fact that digital marketing is ongoing process of creating your brand value in market.
If you follow these simple steps consistently it will build a strong foundation for your success.
What’s your process for digital marketing? Do you have any tips and tricks that I didn’t mention please let me know.